Creating a healthy body is not limited to the foods we eat. To find perfect health we must balance nutrition with exercise and stress management. With the introduction of the FitBit and numerous others springing up; these little fitness trackers have become quite common. With a wide range of capabilities and price tags there is one to fit every budget and lifestyle.
When used correctly these little gadgets have the capability to keep you motivated and get you on track to a healthier lifestyle. Some things to keep in mind:
At the beginning set realistic goals; it feels awesome to meet your goals each day. Once you have consistently met goals such as step count or floors climbed increase the goal. In this way you are continuously striving for that next level. It is very easy to plateau!
Use the food tracker; at least for the first month. I don’t normally recommend calorie counting but if you are serious about eating right and increasing your fitness levels then it is important to know what your food is worth. Pay close attention to the balance of macronutrients. It takes 2 to 4 weeks to get a good read on your daily eating habits. Thus by keeping track for this amount of time you get to know your body and how much you burn versus how much you consume. Then you can make any adjustments if necessary.
Ok; Let’s take a closer look at the Samsung Gear Fit 2.
Samsung Gear Fit 2 Review
Every company out there has multiple versions of some kind of fitness tracking jewellery. The Gear Fit 2 is a cross between a smart watch and the FitBit. Linked to your phone it notifies you of incoming messages and phone calls; while offering the option to reply with pre-set messages. At the same time keeping track of all your daily activities.
My Top 3 Favorite Features
- Music storage!! This is probably the number 1 thing that puts the Samsung above the rest. The watch connects by Bluetooth to wireless headphones so that you can listen to your fav tunes while working out without carrying around a cell phone! I have mine loaded with all my favs, just over a hundred songs, so I never get bored 🙂
- Set your activity! I LOVE that I can tell it I’m heading to a yoga class, using the elliptical trainers or rowing machine. The gear fit tracks each activity and gives you a full report at the end. For each activity I can see how it affected my heart rate, calories burned, speed, distance and so much more!
- Let’s me know who’s calling. As a working mom, wife and caregiver my phone never stops! When I have a few minutes to get a workout in or even just sit and fold laundry (super relaxing after a busy day) I can now sneak a peak at my watch face to see if I need to go find my phone immediately or if it can wait.
Other Awesome Features:
- Seamless integration with my galaxy s6
- Heart rate monitor
- Sleep tracker
- Step counter
- Calories burned tracker
- Water and caffeine intake tracking
- Customized faces
Also if you use S Health you can track meals, blood oxygen, keep track of blood glucose and blood pressure. Plus so many more features I haven’t bothered to check out yet 😛
Honestly there’s not many. My biggest issue would be size; it’s not too dainty. The band that comes with the gear has a rubber feel and likes to pop open during yoga when moving through down dog. On the bright side you can replace the band and there are tons of different styles and materials to choose from.
Short battery life. I have to charge it every 2 days; it takes about an hour from 10% to fully charge. Of course this is due to the fact that it has a large bright screen and is constantly monitoring all activity plus connecting to your phone. The music player drains the batter faster too.
With so many fitness trackers, smart watches and combinations on the market it can be mind boggling on which one to try. In my opinion if you are looking at the $200 mark the Gear Fit 2 is a great choice for total control. Tip: Watch for it on sale!
Final Score: 4/5
Ease of use 5/5
Functions and options 5/5
Battery life 3/5