Now enrolling for a September 2015 start date!
The course will run 5 days spread out over 5 to 10 weeks. I will set the actual dates closer to the fall and will consider the timetable from participants wishes.
This is a sample outline of what a Senior Gentle Yoga Teacher Training day would look like.
Day 1: Introduction
- What is yoga for seniors? How does it differ? Why do we need it?
- Overview of the 5 days
- Homework expectations
- What is expected of the practical exam
- Talk about the flow of the class
- Why did i choose the postures that i did?
- Was there a natural flow/progression to the class?
- Was injury or ailment discussed?
- What would you do differently?
- What is the back body
- discuss lines of fascia
- injury of the back body that may prevent or hinder physical activity
- Vision changes; cataracts, glaucoma,
- Cardiovascular disease
- Spondylarthropathies (arthritis of the spine)
- What postures are related to the back body
- how can these be modified to account for common injury or ailment
- hands on? to touch or not. When is it safe to assist a senior and how much force to use
Closing the Practice
- breath techniques
- meditation? or savasana